Home Recent Topics HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doug Swisher returns (Read 102 times)
doug3

GOMC forever

Doug Swisher returns
Sep 20th, 2017, 8:47pm

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, when I was the first member of SB after Glen.  In the past year, I have survived a third outbreak of cancer, and very seldom leave my apartment now, and my days of driving are much-diminished. I spend most of my day on the computer, with an eBay Store and plenty of correspondences.

I came back to GOMC because I enjoy researching and answering questions, and identifying obscure items, plus I'll offer a few items now and then.  I have a much different point of view now, as I accepted Christ as my personal Saviour this past April.

He helped me see that I needed a monumental change in my life, and that my Work was not done.  It was the best decision I ever made.  I am more charitable and forgiving, or at least strive to be.

I started in our building a Bible Study that now has 6 wonderful participants, taught by an elderly couple that used to minister to nursing homes, the best friends I have made in decades.  I've also renewed my interest in cooking.

=====

Also, this week, I am looking for an alternative to Nuance's PaperPort software, and welcome any suggestions; I finally replaced Windows XP, now running Windows 7.

Doug Swisher
screenwriter77stamps (eBay Store)

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Re: Doug Swisher returns
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2017, 7:35am

Welcome back Doug.

You are indeed remembered, it is good to hear you are still going.

While I am not inclined towards religion it sounds like finding faith has done you a lot of good. Smiley Long may it continue to do so.

Oh my Win7, you might find MS still have the free upgrade available to download. Although Win10 updates do tend to irritate.

Mine auto loaded the last upgrade then within 2 minutes of switching on the pc it asked if I wanted to reboot the machine? Grin

Weaponsmith to the demi-gods from the plane of silliness.

IP Logged

john66251
Private Grump

GOMC is Back
Singleton
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2017, 3:40pm

Been a while since I have been here but I thought I would check things out.

Great to hear from you Doug and I hope all your medical issues are behind you.  I definately remember you from SB and I always thought your responses to any questions very articulated.

This board hopefully survives and I for one look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2017, 3:40pm by john66251 »  

IP Logged

Stamppad1

GOMC is Back
Coffs Harbour Australia
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2017, 5:49am

Welcome back Doug, I haven't been posting much myself lately but intend to once I have finished my current project. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print