Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Home Recent Topics HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
That's it. It's too quiet (Read 4239 times)
john66251
Private Grump

GOMC is Back
Singleton
Re: That's it. It's too quiet
Reply #30 - Mar 9th, 2017, 8:40am

Hopefully all will be well with your dad Feeble.  

I agree, all fellas should get regularly checked once you reach 50.  Even earlier if there is history in the family.

I had my first check about a year ago.  First thing I did was check the doctors fingers.  I was lucky they were nice and slender.

Anyway he said everything felt good.  I said maybe for you!

Does give you piece of mind though.

Wishing you all the best from OZ.

IP Logged

BasSWarwick
Guru

Getting Grumpier by the
Day
Somewhere over the rainbow
Reply #31 - Mar 9th, 2017, 8:56am

Prostate check - not a pleasant experience, but I usually get it done yearly in Jan. Changed Dr recently and he is an Indian guy with very tiny fingers......not so bad. I try to keep things healthy with Chinese herbal tea - concoction specially for that zone.

If I display an item you are interested in you can always make me an offer.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #32 - Mar 9th, 2017, 12:43pm

Thanks John, hopefully....

With both grandfathers dying from prostate problems there is a high probability something will come my way.

Good idea BasSWarwick, I am hoping that pickling myself with tea will help. Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2017, 1:59pm by Feebletodix »  

Weaponsmith to the demi-gods from the plane of silliness.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #33 - Mar 26th, 2017, 9:23am

Has anybody heard from hutch recently? About six weeks ago I sent her a few doubles and normally she is good about letting me know they have arrived, but so far not a peep. Hopefully it is just an oversight and she is well.

My father is back to his normal self after the treatment. The tiredness seems to be wearing off and his most irritating traits have re-emerged. A good sign we hope.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #34 - May 12th, 2017, 9:00am

Good news. My dad just got the result of the blood test and the radiotherapy seems to have worked. Smiley

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #35 - May 19th, 2017, 9:49am

We have a general election coming up.

Conservative summary to date:- asset strip the country into the hands of international big business and financial institutions. Prevent said business and their shareholders from being prosecuted for criminal behaviour, eg: beloved George Osboure writing to the American Justice System asking them not to prosecute HSBC managers because it was 'not in the public interest'.

Let me correct that, it is in the public interest!! This was hidden from the UK citizens.

Labour summary to date:- joined in the asset stripping program when in power and now abandon the entire 'austerity project' as a complete failure that has made matters worse for all but the richest 1%. They do this in favour of a massive spending sorry borrowing spree.

Unfortunately because Mr Corbyn has expressed views that the Palestinians deserve their homes and land back, certain groups are shouting to the heavens about anti-semitism.

Liberal Democrats summary to date:- Lost their charismatic leaders and jumped at the chance of power. They got tarred with the same brush as the conservatives.

They are banking on the disaffected, pot heads and europhiles.

I shall leave describing the Regional Assemblies to those qualified.

PS the Greens got more votes than ever before.

So the choices are

Continue feeding the rich

Borrow and feed the rich

Feed the rich and feed the EU but get stoned while doing it

IP Logged

john66251
Private Grump

GOMC is Back
Singleton
Reply #36 - May 19th, 2017, 4:07pm

Great news regarding your dad mate, I bet that is a huge relief. Smiley

Haven't seen Hutch around for a while.  She was last at the other place on the 3rd May.  Hope all is well.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2017, 9:56am

Oh my yes it was. He is much happier and a small bird watching holiday has done him the world of good. Smiley

Well the news about Hutch suggests that she has deliberately not said thank you. Which is a shame.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #38 - Jun 9th, 2017, 10:00am

The results so far, Hung Parliament. The conservatives are desperate to get ten seats in an alliance.

The lowest majority I have seen so far is 45 Shocked. A few between 100 and a thousand and only a 69% turnout.

In some places well known figures now have to get a real job. Grin

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #39 - Jun 14th, 2017, 9:53am

Oh my, oh dear, consorting with the Northern Irish Political Parties to get a mainland majority. Prejudiced newspapers and as for the BBC.... no real hope of a balanced debate. The media talk about the huge gulf of distrust between the politicians and the public but do not mention the gulf between the media and the public.

None of the media in the UK will stand up and debate the causes of our problems, they would much rather maintain the disparity between government and people.

Hence social media has played a larger part than before. The political system has noticed and from now on you will have mail.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #40 - Aug 22nd, 2017, 8:43am

What is the world coming too. Some few years ago when I started visiting my local auction there was always enough seating and nothing went missing. In the last year one of the lot I put in was picked up by someone, we assume by mistake, and not the winning bidder. Angry

Last Sunday, I go to pay for both my lots and one of them had also disappeared. Okay I did not have to pay for it but I was rather looking forward to rummaging around in half a kilo of loose for the next week. Angry

So my observation about politics is proving to be correct, Angela Merkel will not do TV debates but will have a chat in an internet clip.

Brexit is going slowly and the division between the politicians and everyone else is so apparent. Local business and the people want as little disruption as possible. Brussles politicians are determined to make this as painfull as they can.

That is because they loose the income from us and the power to legislate over us. Sorry parasitise bloated wages from us, then take jobs in greedy banks and other international companies.

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #41 - Aug 24th, 2017, 9:49am

Good news for Hans, well maybe

After his generous gift of matchboxes it left me feeling the need to find something suitable for him. So my small box of leftovers got packaged up and I yesterday had a pleasent encounter in the Post Office. The member of staff actually used her hand stamp on the packet I was sending to Hans.  Smiley Hopefully the postmen in the sorting office do not draw on it and it gets there intact. Hans keep an eye open in about ten days or
so.

Be well all. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2017, 9:49am by Feebletodix »  

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #42 - Oct 26th, 2017, 9:04am

Rumour has gotten around that Hans has been proping up the local health service and has now escaped durance vile to settle in front of the TV at home for a rest. I hope this is the last time and he has a swift recovery.

Be well all.

IP Logged

john66251
Private Grump

GOMC is Back
Singleton
Reply #43 - Oct 29th, 2017, 11:04am

Hope all is well Hans and you are on the mend.

Cheers all

IP Logged

Feebletodix
2nd Lieutenant Grump

GOMC is Back

Reply #44 - Dec 4th, 2017, 9:51am

Today I posted a bunch of censored postcards and it was amazing how the internet slowed down when they were being uploaded and posted. Wink Grin Grin

The last stamp auction went as normal, I scavanged a small box of loose, mint this time, and everyone else fought over the good stuff. My box was a reasonable break even purchase and a small box of postcards were a nice addition.

Next month however someone is clearing out and over 1500 postcards are listed in various lots. It would be nice but not enough money or space. Grin

Be well all

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print